Events Lexington is a leader in providing the best entertainment and experiences for our client’s events and parties in the Lexington area. Formerly known as the Amazing Portable Circus, and before that, Juggler Dave & Friends, our American entertainment company has grown on the basis and idea of providing the best entertainment possible. Events Lexington uses the arts associated with circus and extreme performances, as well as the ambiance of an amusement park/carnival atmosphere in order to give our spectators a show they’ll never forget. We strive to be the best in offering full event planning and entertainment options that fit your budget. All planning, from costs, to individual decorations can be handled by us. Events Lexington also has one of the only flying trapeze rigs in the midwest! Our flying trapeze classes let you experience what it’s like to be a circus performer. We grow, we entertain, we deliver, we go above and beyond, we are friendly, and we bring the fun!
We’re doing something very different! Entertainment at a level unmatched in Lexington!
A History of the Events Lexington
- We began performing as jugglers. Juggling was founder Dave Willacker’s hobby.
- We added stilt walking. After getting many requests for it, Dave taught himself and then began teaching stilt walking to others.
- We also added Balloon Animals and Balloon Twisting, Fire Performing, Fire Eating and Christian Juggling Shows.
- We incorporated as Juggler Dave and Friends LLC. Soon we began calling ourselves The Amazing Portable Circus.
- We also added Airbrush Tattoos, Face Painting and Magician Chris Yantek
- We performed for the first time outside the United States. We performed at a busker festival in Canada. While there, we saw our first living statues and brought the concept back to Cincinnati.
- Mike Riga debuted our Vietnam Memorial living statue on Veteran’s Day. We have since added 35 statues, which even include lights, music, and running water. We continue to push forward in this art.
- We also added Henna Tattooing, Hair Wraps, Body Art and Body Artist and entertainer Brandie Atkins, formerly a manager for Kings Island’s body arts.
- We attended the Midwest body arts festival in Columbus Ohio. We brought back glitter tattooing a new and awesome product, and Dave was a guest speaker on event planning.
- We expanded again adding Christian Magic Shows, Puppet Shows, Inflatable Rides (inflatable moon bounce, inflatable slide, inflatable obstacle course, inflatable maze, inflatable joust, inflatable wrecking ball, and a splash booth), Sand Art, Carnival Games and Picnic Games.
- Corporate Entertainment became our focus.
- We added Aerial Acrobatics, which was a huge undertaking and we are grateful to the Kolping Center for hiring our first show. We have now performed over 100 times. We have traveled to all of the surrounding states, we have been brought in to perform in Chicago and are now teaching aerial acrobatics to others.
- We added Casino Nights (Hollywood Nights, Las Vegas Nights and Monte Carlo Nights).
- We added Palm Reading, Disc Jockeys, Game Shows and Caricature Artists
- We also added Wax Hands (enhancing the market with 7 colors and cooler wax), Trackless Train and Airbrush T-Shirts.
- Dave Willacker, the founder ended his teaching career (10yrs St. Henry High School and Roger Bacon High School) to work for the Cincinnati Circus Company full time.
- We struggled to keep up with demand.
- We created two new shows. The first was our balloon story show created by Mike Riga. The second was our Kid’s Rock Show created by Corey Larrison.
- We also had one of our members Brian Koenig compete in national juggling competitions.
- While performing in Washington D.C. Dave saw his first flying trapeze up close. At that instant he knew he would bring flying trapeze to Cincinnati, because no-one has done it before.
- We appeared in the movie Dumb Struck! A Mark Goffman Production.
- We brought a Flying Trapeze to Cincinnati.
- We also brought German Wheel, Rolling Globe, Tight Rope, Static Trapeze, and Quartette Adagio.
- We debuted a new program Circus Classes after school combined with homework assistance.
- We began working with Mt. St. Joseph College to start a collegiate Circus program there that would be one of three in the nation.
- The movie we appeared in won an award! Watch for it at the Esquire in 2011.
- We filmed a TV episode for the TLC show Outrageous Kid’s Parties! Watch for it in March.
- Dave married aerialist and face painter Joanne Crawford… on the flying trapeze!
- After tremendous growth and an ever changing company, the decision was made to rename the company from the old Amazing Portable Circus marquee, to the new Cincinnati Circus Company name.
- Opened our indoor Circus School, Team Building, Aerial Dance, and Flying Trapeze at the Western Sports Mall.
- Moved our outdoor Circus School, Team Building, Aerial Dance, and Flying Trapeze to the City of Loveland, Ohio.
- Had Joanne & Dave’s Flying Trapeze Wedding prompt the Newlywed Show to call.
- Had been on the TLC TV network’s Outrageous Kid’s Parties show, March 14th, and 15th 2011.
- Participated in filming a documentary on Ohio for the ONN Network.
- Recieved the “Best of the City” award from Cincinnati Magazine.
- Added cheese carving to our list of corporate entertainment.
- Have entertained for the Super Bowl in Indianapolis.
- Will move out outdoor flying trapeze to Burnett Woods Park located in downtown Cincinnati at the corner of Martin Luther King Drive and Clifton Avenue; just across from the University of Cincinnati.
- Are adding new and exciting inflatables, such as a bungee run and mechanical bull.
- To make the world a better place.
- To help brighten the day of children who are ill, and to one day see an end to childhood illness.
- To open a space where all people can come to experience the circus, learn circus, and watch circus; where all children who are grieving, ill, or in need may experience the circus for free.
We look forward to the future. We look forward to creating more… We have some ideas. We hope you will help us and enjoy the show.